Thursday 15 January 2009

Fw: A Fond Farewell from Lori Lipman Brown (SCA)

Dear John,

In 2005, I had the honor of leading the effort to lobby Congress on behalf
of nontheistic Americans. While my love for policy and the work of the
Secular Coalition for America has grown, so has the organization. In fact,
what was expected to remain a lobbying organization with a staff consisting
solely of one lobbyist (me), has also grown. This growth is exciting and it
is growth that I have pushed for. The Secular Coalition for America now has
a staff of six individuals, is involved in many larger coalition efforts,
takes the lead on issues of special interest, and is recognized by members
of Congress and consulted by the media and legislative personnel regularly.

In short, the Secular Coalition for America has grown to be a powerful and
complex organization in fewer than four years. With that growth come new
needs. The Secular Coalition for America now needs an executive director,
an individual whose expertise is running a major national organization.
While I am extremely proud of having birthed this baby, it is time for both
me and the Secular Coalition for America to continue to grow. For the
organization, this means finding an exceptional leader whose passion is
continuing to grow the nontheist movement. For me personally, that growth
includes reconnecting to my skill sets in the legal and policy realms, and
stepping down as director of this wonderful national organization.

As I embark on a search for my next exciting venture, my wish is that the
many wonderful individuals who have supported the Secular Coalition for
America will not only continue that support, but increase it as the movement
grows. I am forever grateful to this organization for the tremendous
experiences it has allowed me to enjoy. I continue to support the Secular
Coalition for America and the nontheist movement in the broader sense.

I have thoroughly enjoyed working for the Secular Coalition for America.
And I look forward to the future - for me outside the organization, and for
the continued success of the organization I helped develop.

Best wishes,

Lori Lipman Brown

Director, Secular Coalition for America

www.secular.org

Fwd by
John Willemsens,
Advayavada Foundation.
<http://www.euronet.nl/~advaya/index.htm>

No comments:

Post a Comment